Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Post #1

1: My favorite book was The Stranger because Mersault was an interesting character. It bugged me that he did not show any emotions but I realized that that is what makes him so interesting. It is a puzzle trying to figure out what the author, Albert Camus, wanted to express about Mersault. The writing style of this book was also easier to read and understand than the style in Their Eyes Were Watching God and in Brave New World.

2: Their Eyes Were Watching God was my least favorite book we read. I did not like it because of the dialogue used. It was too hard for me to focus on the plot or theme because I felt like I was translating the dialogue sentence by sentence. Perhaps when we read it again though, I will be able to get more information from it because I already know the storyline and have gotten used to the dialogue.

3:For Brave New World, I would write an essay on the societal differences and similarities. I would look into what was happening in the world at the time Huxley wrote the book and look at parallels between the two societies. I would go into depth on the similarities of society and see if there is connections and analyze what Huxley meant to put these into his story about this dystopia.

No comments:

Post a Comment